Coffee is like Christmas.
The beautiful communion of exquisite flavours and the celebration of life.
You wish it could last forever.
White Horse Christmas blend
We love this time of year and we especially love our White Horse Coffee tradition of creating a very special festive blend. The White Horse Christmas blend brings us, and our customers great joy, and this is what this time of year is all about. Joy to the world!
The original idea behind our Christmas blend was to savour the best coffees we’ve roasted and enjoyed throughout year, and marry them together into a harmonious, deep spirited blend.
Over the years we’ve also sought to create a blend reminiscent of the flavours of Christmas – puddings, summer fruits, spices, chocolate – the stuff of cherished memories.
This year, for the first time, we’re roasting four coffees instead of two for our Christmas blend. This is a result of our continued dedication to research, development and testing – and we reckon it tastes amazing! Our 2018 Christmas Blend is not only the best Christmas Blend we’ve created to date, but the best coffee we’ve ever roasted and blended.
Here are some of our staff’s first impressions:
Lead Roaster: A 10 year White Horse veteran.
- With milk: Milk chocolate, christmas cake, baking spices and soft red forest berry.
- As an espresso: Orange peel, dried fruits, jasmine, delicate clove, star anise and dark chocolate.
Senior Barista: A 5 year White Horse veteran.
- With milk: Strawberry sweetness, milk chocolate, warm spices and mild cherry.
- As an espresso: Dark chocolate, dried apricot, light peach, delicate peanut brittle and cherry sweetness.
One of the White Horse founders
- With milk: Milk chocolate body, hints of dark chocolate sweetness and subtle strawberry notes.
- As an espresso: A lingering rich, sticky body, with delicious summer fruits, fig and ripe peach.
The wonderful coffees in the Christmas Blend
Throughout the year we roast hundreds of coffees. But something which stands out with this Christmas blend is the passion our staff have for its wonderful aromas and flavours. A lot of passion, dedication and experience has gone into this years Christmas Blend and I believe it is very special. Here are the four coffees that made it into the Christmas Blend this year.
1. Kenya Giakanja AA: Nyeri
One of our best performing espressos of the year.
2. Brazil Fazenda Serrado: Carmo de Minas
We have a deep affection for this exceptional coffee.
3. Ethiopia Kerche: Guji
A stunning coffee that scored very high, which we saved just for Christmas.
4. Panama Hartman: Chiriqui. Black Winey
An absolute shining star, the fermentation on this coffee adds complexity, fruit and a special Christmas Pudding flavour.
Available this December
We will be showcasing our 2018 Christmas Blend in all our stores this December. If you’d like to try it, just ask for the Christmas Blend when placing your order. It will also be available in retail packs at all White Horse Coffee locations and partner cafes.
We hope you love this years Christmas blend and that it brings you and your loved ones plenty of joy!
Merry Christmas and drink delicious coffee.